Our victory march in IPL 2017 continued with a comprehensive 7-wicket win over Delhi Daredevils at Eden Gardens on Friday (28 April, 2017). Here is a list of records that were created by our Knights:
1) During his unbeaten innings of 71, Gautam Gambhir overtook MS Dhoni’s tally of 3270 runs as an IPL captain. Gambhir’s aggregate of 3311 runs, as skipper, is now the highest in IPL from the leader of a side.
2) Our Captain Fantastic has 1927 runs from 53 innings during a successful chase in the IPL. That is the highest sum in this category.
3) Gambhir also completed 6000 T20 runs during the course of his innings on Friday. He is the fourth Indian batsman after Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina to do so.
4) GG, as he is affectionately addressed by his teammates, went past 4000 IPL runs during his knock. Only Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina have a higher aggregate than Gambhir’s 4010 runs in this tournament.
5) Robin Uthappa continued his hot, sizzling form with his fourth half-century in IPL 2017. With 225 runs, he is heading the list of run-scorers in the middle overs (Overs 7-15).
6) After their 108 run match-winning partnership, the ‘Gauthappa’ combine now have an aggregate of 419 runs as a pair in IPL 2017. This tally is the highest in this category so far.
7) On the bowling front, we created a unique record as well. The first 4 batsmen in the Delhi Daredevils line-up; Sanju Samson, Karun Nair, Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant were all dismissed LBW, the first time that such an event took place in a T20 game.
8) Our pacers have taken 39 wickets so far, which is the highest number of dismissals by speedsters from any side in IPL 2017.
9) Nathan Coulter-Nile has picked up 2 or more wickets in each of the four games that he has been a part of KKR. His tally of 11 wickets is the joint highest for any bowler, after their first four games for any franchise in IPL history.
10) KKR now have won 13 games in a row while chasing at Eden Gardens since 2012. Also, we have won 21 out of the 25 matches while chasing at our home ground in IPL history, that’s a staggering success rate of 84 percent.