A record-breaking SIX
When Gautam Gambhir and Chris Lynn stepped out to bat at Rajkot on Friday (7 April, 2017) night, nobody could have predicted of the mayhem to follow! The dynamic duo literally hit the records for a SIX
1. Lynn and Gambhir smashed 73 runs in the first six overs, the highest ever score by our Knights during the Power-play in IPL history *(Gambhir and Narine broke this record in the game against KXIP on 13 April, 2017 by scoring 76 runs in the first six overs).
2. Lynn’s monstrous hitting ensured that he completed his fifty in just 19 deliveries, the second fastest half century by a KKR batsman in the IPL
3. Lynn and Gambhir raced away to 100 in 46 balls, the fastest hundred partnership in KKR’s history
4. Records kept on tumbling as our dynamic opening duo broke a four-year old record for highest opening stand in IPL history, surpassing 167 set by Chris Gayle and Tillakaratne Dilshan against Pune Warriors India in 2013. In the process they also set the record for the highest partnership by a KKR pair in IPL, breaking a six year old record of 152 runs made by Gambhir and our coach Jacques Kallis against Rajasthan Royals in 2011.
5. GG, as he is affectionately addressed by his teammates, also brought up his 32nd fifty in IPL. Along with David Warner, he now sits on top of this table of IPL half-centuries *(Since then, David Warner has hit 2 more fifties and 34 half-centuries while Gambhir scored one more fifty against KXIP and has 33 to his tally).
6. Finally, this was the highest successful run chase (184) in T20 history without losing a wicket.
*Records updated as of 19 April, 2017