Records hit for a six at Bangalore!
The Knights put in a brilliant all-round performance to get back to winning ways & move closer to the play-off berth. Here is a list of records that were created in our win over RCB:
1) The big 3 consisting of Gayle (0), Kohli (5) & AB de Villiers (10) scored a combined total of 15 runs which is their lowest combine in an innings for RCB. Incidentally, they scored the same total in our previous encounter at Eden in this season.
2) Sunil Narine was unstoppable & scored his first ever fifty in T20 matches. He reached the landmark in just 15 balls & now holds the joint fastest IPL fifty record along with Yusuf Pathan.
3) Chris Lynn & Sunil Narine scored 105 runs at the end of Powerplay (6 overs) and went past the previous record of CSK’s 100 vs KXIP (2014). This was also the fastest hundred partnership (36 balls) in KKR’s history.
4) The destructive duo’s opening partnership saw us reach the 100 run mark in 36 balls equalling the previous record held by CSK.
5) Chris Lynn & Sunil Narine gave the bowlers no respite as they hit a total of 19 boundaries that included 11 fours & 8 sixes in the Powerplay beating the previous record of 18 boundaries by CSK (vs KXIP in 2014) in the IPL.
6) Another record courtesy the partnership, we raced to the fastest team 50 in just 21 balls & equalled our own record (vs RPS on 14.05.2016).
A new opening partnership set up the win with new records under their belt. #KorboLorboJeetbo #DusKiDahaad #AmiKKR